Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Oh What A Week!!


Oh what a week it has been (errr...well I guess what a week and a half it has been!) Friday, February 27th, my mother and father-in-law flew in from CA to visit for a few days. We had a ton of fun watching Tony play rugby, attending a rugby fundraiser dinner, celebrating Tony's birthday and doing LOTS of yard work. On that Monday morning, Marilou, Cienna and I went for a walk with Zeus and Tonka around the neighborhood. As some of you may know, my Tonka Maria can be quite a handful. About four blocks away from the house, Tonka saw a dog and started barking. This caused Zeus to cross in front of me to see what in the heck she was barking at and the next thing I knew I was headed for the ground...laid out flat. Because I had two leashes I couldn't break my fall with my hands so I skinned my knees, fell on my belly and then hit my chin on the ground. Ouch! I got up, thought that I was OK, and managed to make it home (although Cienna had a little tear!) Thank GOD Marilou was there because I am not sure I would have been able to get up without her grabbing the dogs. When I returned home I started having some shooting pains in my belly which got me a little worried. Tony, being the fireman that he is (safety first!) demanded that I call the doctor, who told me to go immediately to the emergency room. After an ultrasound, it was determined that everything was fine and the baby was OK. What a relief! Two days later Marilou, Cienna and I were out for a walk again when I received a call from the fire department about Tony. It started with "Let me first tell you that Tony is OK. He is going to be fine." I was totally panicked. "He is in the emergency room because he tore his achilles tendon while getting onto the truck today." I was so glad that it wasn't life threatening, but I knew that he was in a ton of pain. After several hours the rescue engine pulled up at my house and Tony hobbled off on crutches. Surgery was in his future. It was at that point that I had to tell him about the suprise 30th birthday party that I had been planning for him for months that was supposed to take place on Saturday. Suprise! What a whirlwind the week was. With all of those trips to the hospital, doctors appointments, etc (oh, did I mention that Cienna had her 2-year checkup on Monday, with shots) each member of the Mazotti family saw inside of a doctor's office within 1 week! Wheeewww! The party went off without a hitch (and Tony made quite a funny drunk man on crutches) and he is in surgery to repair his achilles heel as we speak. Hopefully things will calm down here for a while and we can avoid the inside of a hospital for any new problems!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.