It started with the gallstone episode on Christmas night. It took me completely by surprise, as I had no idea that I would face any sort of medical problems at 30 years old. Since the emergency room visit I have been able to control the stomach aches and pains with a low fat diet. A blessing in disguise I guess you could say. I meet with the surgeon on the 25th to talk about my options.
On December 30th, we had another completely unexpected occurrence. That morning, Tony was finally released back to full duty at the fire station. Because of this, he was sent home early from the academy so that he would not get overtime when he showed up for his regular shift. He headed home at around 3pm and decided to go to the gym. Being that it was going to be crazy at that time of day, he asked if he could drive my car instead of his big truck because it can be hard to find a parking spot. Anyway, when he returned at 6pm he walked in the door and said the words that I had heard just 2 short years ago...."where the bleepidy-bleep is my truck?" I honestly could not believe it. Unfortunately it was real. Our truck was stolen from right outside our house again.
At this point I am too emotionally drained to even talk about it. But for those of you keeping score at home, we had our first truck stolen in 2002, my car stereo stolen in 2004, a truck and dump trailer stolen in 2008 and now another truck in 2009. While I do think that this is very bad luck, I still feel very fortunate that it has always been vehicles that have been robbed from us and not our home. I attribute that to our loyal companions Zeus and Tonka. I guess we could always buy 2 more Boerboels to leave in our vehicles!
We are eagerly awaiting a visit from our good friend DJ on Thursday and then we are off to Denver Tuesday to visit more great friends, Justin and Jen. Maybe sometime we can squeeze in buying another truck (and a Boerboel! LOL!)
R.I.P. Duramax...And Next Time I Am Leaving My Dogs IN The Truck! Surprise!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.