Thursday, February 4, 2010

More Dr. Drama


The Mazotti family has seen their fair share of doctors this past year and I am just putting it out there that I am ready for this to stop. Between Tony's Achilles surgery, blood clot and kidney stones, AJ being born and my gallbladder, both kids getting the stomach bug in the last 30 days, I am so over Presbyterian Hospital. And after this last week, I can't wait until July when I can renew my tax free contributions to medical care. We have already plowed through the $800 I allocated for this year.
Friday morning we visited pediatric urgent care to have Cienna's tongue looked at. Thursday morning she jumped down from the dining room table and almost bit completely through her tongue. There wasn't that much blood and it certainly didn't keep her from eating and drinking the rest of the day so I wasn't that concerned. Well concerned enough to send Tony pictures at the fire station and have the paramedics look at it but not concerned enough to take her to the doctor. Anyway, the next morning the part that she had bit through had turned white! It was gnarly. Come to find out that part of the tongue had died and it would simply "fall off." Nice!
Sunday I visited urgent care after a small rash that had developed on my chest became very painful. Turns out that I have shingles! I am seriously falling apart. For all of my friends reading this who have not turned 30 yet all I have to say is GOOD LUCK with that! I hit 30 and I might as well qualify for the senior discount with the way that I feel.
I also went to the surgeon last week and they have scheduled my gallbladder removal for March 31st. They say that my body should adjust to not having a gallbladder 4-6 weeks after the removal which is good because I am going to Mexico in May and I am going to need functioning intestines by then. Lord above, please let us be healthy again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.