
At the beginning of each new year I can't help but wonder what the next 365 days have in store for me and my family. In 2010 we experienced many wonderful things:
-Cienna starting pre-school
-Our 1st time in Cancun, Mexico
-A New (Yet Unrevealed) Business Partnership
-My Mom Getting Hired In A Full Time Teaching Position
-Acquiring A New Piece Of Property
-Another Fun Trip To Disneyland
And we experienced some challenges:
-Our Car Being Stolen
-Tony Being Injured By A Piece Of Hydraulic Equipment
-AJ Breaking His Leg
-My Gallbladder Being Removed
All in all, I would say that the good outweighed the bad once again. We are looking forward to many good things in 2011. To start, Tony's parents are moving to New Mexico in just 2 weeks! This is something that we have been praying for for years and we are excited to have some of our immediate family close by. Now we just need to work on the rest of them! We have a trip to Las Vegas planned in March, Cabo San Lucas in June, and some renovations to our cabin that should start taking place this month. Very exciting times.
I only made 2 resolutions this year....one of which I have already broken but I have not given up. My 1st resolution was to finally stop swearing like a sailor. I know that many of you will miss this part of Alexis, but it is a necessary change. I am sure that Cienna's use of "flippin" is going to evolve into "f*ckin" pretty soon so this is of utmost importance. However, this is also the resolution that I have already broken. Old habits do die hard. But I am going to keep trying.
My 2nd resolution is to lose 15lbs by the end of the year and keep it off! After the gallbladder incident I lost almost 30lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight and of course I loved it! However, I have slowly gained back about 15 of those pounds and I would like to lose them once again. For good. Again, another work in progress...but I am determined to make some changes in 2011.
Lately I have struggled with coping with everyday stress. I realize that many things that stress me out I bring on myself. And I also realize that many things that I stress about are not life threatening things. I guess that sometimes I lose focus on what is really important in life. I need to not sweat the small stuff. All in all life is really good! (Now if I could just keep repeating that to myself over and over and over and over again!)
I wish everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous 2011. We all deserve the best in life and I just want to be there to celebrate with you all!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.