We went to an all-inclusive resort which was really the way to go. Every day we went down and had a wonderful buffet with freshly made smoothies and my new favorite dish, chilaquiles. My mouth is watering just thinking about them! Most of our days were spent at the pool or taking walks along the beach looking for seashells. Cienna came home with a large bag of them, and I bet you she could describe half of them to you in detail and tell you which ones are her favorites. Just when you think that all seashells look alike, just ask a 4 year old.
Searching for Seashells
Tony and I also spent our 7th anniversary in Cabo. We got a babysitter and went out for dinner and drinks. It was a lovely way to celebrate.
The following day we witnessed our business partner and good friend Joe marry Melissa on the beach. It was a beautiful ceremony for a beautiful couple. Tony spent the majority of the time throwing balls to AJ and Cienna so that they would not disrupt the event. And at some point AJ recieved his 1st bee sting AND learned how to say "Adios!" Never a dull moment!
Mr. & Mrs. Lane
Then came the "no bueno" part. Wednesday we checked in with Tony's parents who told us that our Escalade had been stolen from our driveway. Apparently, they broke into the car and drove it across the neighbor's lawn in order to steal everything from the wheels to the headlights. It was found abandoned on a busy street in ABQ, with tires on it that did not fit the car and the driver's side door wide open. I have not seen it and I don't want to. I am just happy that while I went through a few hours of crying, frustration, sadness and fear it didn't ruin the rest of our trip.
Our last day in Cabo was probably our best. We hung out on the beach, buried the kids in the sand, played in the surf and enjoyed being a family. Tony and I are so blessed to have two beautiful children and each other. At the end of the day, that is all that matters.
Adios!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.