Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Training

Last week Tony and I were sprung from the big house for a weekend of kid-free fun with his oldest brother Chris and his girlfriend Wendy. Thursday morning, Mimi arrived with her overnight bag and a smile on her face...which was probably masking the sheer terror of being left with a 2-year-old mama's boy for the next 4 days. I can't quite remember if I even said bye. All I know is that as soon as I saw her pull up, I threw my bags in the little Toyota pick up, jumped in and patiently waited for Tony to join me. Not that I was excited to be gone or anything. I just don't like goodbyes.



After a lovely 4 hour drive that was void of diaper changes and DVD swap requests, we arrived in Scottsdale, AZ and Hotel Indigo. It was right in the heart of the night life, complete with earplugs on the nightstands next to your bed. Some people might have been scared or turned off by them, but I on the other hand knew that by the time I passed out each night earplugs would not be needed. After taking a look around at our new surroundings we headed to the store to pick up some much needed supplies. Alcohol.

Couple's Retreat

Let's see...the rest of the weekend was kind of a whirlwind. We did lots of eating, lots of walking, lots of watching baseball and lots having a great time. Unfortunately, our Battle of the Bay ended with the Giant's beating the A's, but that's OK. It's pre-season. We know that the A's will sweep the Giant's when it REALLY counts!


I would be trying to get out of the picture too if I had on a Giant's shirt!


Go A's!

The highlight of the trip for me was when I got former A's pitcher Dave Stewart's autograph on an American League ball that Chris and Wendy had nabbed for me at batting practice. If it wasn't for liquid courage I wouldn't have any at all!



What an amazing getaway it was. Thanks Chris and Wendy for all of the good times! I can't wait to see what next year brings!


The Battle Rages On!


Back to Reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.