Yesterday Tony and I celebrated 8 years of marriage. Throughout the last 16 years we have managed to avoid the dreaded "as we grew up we grew apart" that you hear many couples talk about when they get together so young. Instead of growing apart we have managed to help each other get through different stages of our lives with patience and lots of laughter.
Back When 30 Seemed So Old
I believe that Tony is my soul mate. I knew it from the first time I laid eyes on him in the 6th grade. I couldn't stand him but I couldn't get enough of him. He is not an overly emotional guy. He doesn't tell me every day how much he adores me. But he makes me aware every day through his actions. He has always provided me with anything that I have ever said that I wanted and he breaks his back to get it. His friends tell me that he is hopelessly devoted to me. And every year he gets me a mushy card that he misspells every word in, just like he did back when we were 17.
My Mushy Card (That's Supposed To Be Me On The Left)
To celebrate, we decided on a "staycation" at the Sandia Casino and Resort here in ABQ. We enjoyed a little time by the pool and a 2-hour dinner free of spillage and tantrums. Do you know what a treat it is to enjoy a 2-hour dinner? To actually taste the food that you are putting in your mouth and have a conversation about something other than telling your kids to take another bite? It was amazing!
The Sandia Mountains From Our Room
I am so lucky to have Tony as my best friend and husband. I look forward to our future and many, many years of happiness to come!
8 Years Down...Forever To Go!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.