Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Here We Go Again

The end of summer as we know it has come and gone and the new school year has begun. Just when I thought that I couldn't take one more day being a stay-at-home mom, my mom rescued me by coming to visit and watching the kids for a few days while Tony and I got some alone time near Breckenridge, CO. I must say, upon my return not only were my kids acting better, but I think that I actually loved them even more than when I had left. Funny how just a few mornings to yourself can really change your entire perspective on things!

Tony and I drove up to Silverthorne, CO where my bestie Jenny has a condo. We had anticipated the same weather that we had left from...hotter than hell. Instead, our teeth were chattering by the time we arrived and we determined that we should have packed more rain gear. It wasn't exactly the outdoors extravaganza that we had envisioned it would be but we made the best of it by shopping, going to the movies, eating out and hanging with Jenny and Justin when they came up. It was so nice to be able to sleep in. And go to breakfast. And just relax!


When we returned from our hiatus as parents we turned right back around and drove up to our cabin. My mom had not been there since 2009 so she was surprised to see all the changes that had taken place at Chateau de la Mazotti. We hiked, rafted and went to Rhythms on the Rio, an outdoor music festival that takes place every summer. It was a blast!

The Fam Bam

Granny and AJ the Goofball

Picking Wildflowers

Tonka Maria

When we returned to ABQ it was time to start school. Cienna started 1st grade on Tuesday and chose to show her Mexican pride by wearing her fiesta dress. I guarantee she was the only girl not wearing a Justin Bieber t-shirt and that made us happy. It also thrilled us that when it came to school supply shopping, Cienna chose items with puppies and kittens on them...not the Biebs. There is a God!


AJ started pre-k (x1) on Wednesday. He chose a Planes lunchbox and his favorite superhero t-shirt. AJ continued to just be AJ. And we were happy about that too.


After some measuring and planning for the kids Halloween costumes this year (Cienna will be Annie and AJ will be Daddy Warbucks) my mom was gone as fast as she came. But not before one sad goodbye to Tonka Maria, her very first granddaughter. There were lots of tears, lots of pets and lots of great memories that she will take with her back to CA. Even though Tonka is still hanging on...my mom knows that the chance of seeing her again is slim so she wanted to say goodbye one last time with her fuzzy butted, crooked teethed, limping little girl.


Summer went out with a bang! We are looking forward to the fall, which brings cooler weather, roasted green chile, the state fair and football! Whoo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.