Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Auntie Lindsay

One of my best friends made the trip out to New Mexico last week to see the kids and be reminded how crazy our life is. Lindsay and I have been friends since she was in 6th grade and I was in 7th. Yes...I am 361 days older than her, which was awesome when I was younger and is not so awesome now that I am in my 30's. But I digress. We wasted no time putting Lindsay to work starting with our order of El Faro burritos from the Bay. She flew with 20 lbs of burritos and 10 lbs of toys in her carry on because she is the bestest friend a girl (and Tony) could ask for!

We spent the next few days doing kid things, putting her to work at our newest project (update to follow), hosting a boxing party at the house, going to the state fair and farmers market and treating her to the most rain that NM has seen in over 50 years. She received her first ever iPhone flash flood warning text message and experienced Tony in his element...which is on one phone call after another from firefighters and task force members asking if he was ready to act if someone was trapped in the swift water. It was quite a weekend!

Just Like Old Times...But We Are Not Wearing Pink Bike Shorts!

After our amazing awful experience at the fair, I vowed never, ever, ever, to go again. Never. So these will be the last fair pictures that you will ever see from me.

Just Swingin'

I Was So Tempted To Buy This And Put It In The Backyard

Lindsay went back to CA yesterday and we will all miss her dearly. She is a great house guest, a good sport and so much fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.