Last weekend we headed up to the cabin to enjoy the Colorado weather. After floating the river in the roughest water we have ever experienced, we were invited by Beau to fish at a private trout club called Santa Maria. It was breathtakingly beautiful and the fish practically jumped onto your line. Well, if you were male they did. If you were female you looked good trying!
AJ was the star of the day. Not because he caught the most fish, but purely because of his funny antics! As we were setting up everyone's fishing pole, he kept picking up lures and saying "daddy? Can I have any hooker that I want?" We got such a big laugh out of it. We would say, "yes honey, dad's treat! Any hooker you want!" and he would happily thumb through the lures and hold them up and say "I want this hooker!" or "No...I want this hooker!" It was too cute. And a little twisted. Just the way the Mazotti family likes it!
Way to go Hooker Boy!
Even though none of us female folk caught any fish, I had the last laugh. Because it is a trout club, each member has to record how many fish they caught and the weight of said fish. After cleaning the 13 fish, the guys all made a $5 bet that they could guess how much they weighed just by lifting the bag that they were in. Tony, Erik and Beau all guessed somewhere between 10-13 lbs. I lifted the bag, thought "these boys are nuts" and said 8.5 lbs. Guess what? That 8lb 10oz baby that I delivered finally paid off! I got $15 AND bragging rights!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.