Monday, July 18, 2016

A (Very) Belated Birthday

As you may or may not know, Cienna Elise's 9th birthday party was postponed indefinitely due to her ski team commitment in the winter. After telling her for months that we would figure out a weekend that we could celebrate (and then having every single one of those weekends filled with commitments or trips) we FINALLY came up with July 16th as the ONLY weekend the entire summer that we would have available to celebrate the half way point between childhood and legally becoming an adult. God Help Us All.

With only 7 days noticed we managed to obtain a 100% attendance rate from 8 of her closest friends for a belated day out. Inspired by a presumably very rich little girl from Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, we were able to employ our good friend Mr. Lanny Ross to pick up the girls (and AJ) in his limousine, deliver us to the movie theater to see "The Secret Life of Pets", followed by an arrival at Bahama Buck's shaved ice company and then back to our house for departure.


We arrived at the theater and immediate dread came over me when I saw a sign posted stating that the movie was sold out. OK, plan B. Get tickets for the next show and go to shaved ice first. As I stepped up to the window I was told that the next show was sold out as well. Damn it! Plan C. Pick a different show. BFG it is! I got all 10 kids nestled into their seats and ventured out to get some popcorn. Being that I am (slightly) budget conscious, I decided to get 2 large tubs of popcorn because I could get them refilled once each. Only after I broke out a level of crazy on the theater manager that I am sure he has not experienced before, he graciously reluctantly gave me 10 large plastic bags that I could distribute the popcorn evenly in. 45 minutes later I returned to the theater to pass out the popcorn and 10 smuggled in water bottles along with 1 napkin each. Perfection.

I maybe should have done a little research about the shaved ice place before arriving with 10 screaming kids who were allowed to pick up to 3 flavors each with 50 flavors to choose from. It was about this time that I was hoping I still had a pocket shot in my handbag that I could dump into my sno cone. Unfortunately for me, I did not. Unfortunately for Cienna, we will never be going back to Bahama Buck's due to my PSD that has been clinically confirmed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.