Monday, April 25, 2022

Chicago

Volleyball has taken us to many places, but by far (so far!) the coolest place was Chicago. We flew into the Windy City for an Easter weekend tournament after both Tony and AJ had the stomach bug that week. We prayed that Cienna and I would stay healthy while all sharing the same hotel room. Turned out we had some luck on our side. Not only was everyone feeling better by the end of the first day, but we did not get the plague!
Our first day of being tourists we had to go see the big bean. I'm not sure why....it's not the most impressive thing I have ever seen....but TikTok said we needed to so we did.
We logged some more miles going to the Chicago Museum of Modern Art and doing a really cool "Mob Ghost Tour" around the very cold city.
We also managed to go to a White Socks game where we had a Chicago Dog and watched first hand why they call Chicago the Windy City. There were 2 pop up balls to the infield that got caught by the wind so badly that they were both dropped! It was awesome.
We went on a VERY cold archetectural boat tour. When I say cold I mean it was sleeting on us. Freezing. But we still managed to see some really cool buildings!
Probably our favorite thing was going to the Billy Goat Tavern where the burgers are as simple as can be but as good as you can dream up! A true dive. We ate there twice! The girls played well but did not win, but that was ok because we felt like we won the jackpot getting to go to Chicago and do so much in so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.