
Random thoughts and observations about my little love AJ:
It is hard to believe that 2 weeks have already passed since I went into labor. Two Thursdays ago at this very same time I was praying to be done with my pregnancy. And then just 2 short hours later I felt my first contraction. Already it seems like a lifetime has passed since AJ was born, which just goes to show you how quickly kids grow up. I want so badly to hold onto every moment with him. I think because Cienna was my first child I always wanted to know what the next month would bring...would she hold up her head? Start eating baby food? Start crawling? I didn't really take the time to enjoy everyday because I was always looking ahead to what the next milestone would be. This time I know what to expect and that is why I want to enjoy every single day because I know that he will not be a baby for long.
These last 2 weeks have been absolutely wonderful. After a few days of mixing up his days and nights we are finally on a good nighttime schedule. He feeds every 3 hours...like clockwork. I have run into a little snafu though. I seem to have forgotten how to put on a newborn diaper correctly. Almost every time he wakes me to feed he is wet somewhere on his back. So I have to change the outfit, change the bassinet bedding and change the diaper before feeding. I'll tell you it is exhausting. Having a boy is also very different from having a girl when it comes to changing diapers. Poor AJ has already shot himself in the head with his little firehose because I didn't cover him up in time! Then I have to change the outfit, change the changing pad cover...you know where I am going. There has been a TON of laundry these first 2 weeks!
I am finally getting used to calling him AJ. It was crazy at first...I was calling Tonka; Cienna, Tony; Zeus and AJ; Cienna. I think that I have everyone's name right now. We took AJ to his first doctor appointment this week and found out that he has gained 12oz and grew an inch in length. Just like his sister he is tall and skinny. 70th percentile in height and 10th percentile in weight. He had to have a heel prick to draw some blood for a test and he didn't even flinch, let alone cry. The nurse said that she had never had a baby not cry at all...and that he was "pretty special." I think that he is just a tough guy like his daddy. Everyone who has seen AJ has commented on his huge hands. It is something that stuck out to me from the beggining. I just keep imagining him socking some kid up at the bike racks at school with those mitts. Lets PLEASE hope not. I am praying for a studious young lad.
Cienna has not shown an ounce of jealousy so far but I am sure that is due in part to my mom being here for the last 2 weeks. Her little world is still revolving around her and it is not going to end anytime soon. Tony's mom is coming into town on Saturday and staying until we leave for CO for my birthday. When we return from CO we are driving back to CA and staying indefinately (well at least the kids and I are staying indefinately.) So it is going to be a whirlwind for her. Every day she pets AJ's little head and says "oh, he is so beautiful. My baby brother (which acutally sounds like "My baby brudah.") She seems to love the kid.
All I can say is that I am beyond happy with my little family. I feel like we are finally complete!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.