Friday, March 5, 2010

What A Difference A Week Makes!

My prayers were answered last week with my in laws making an "emergency" trip to Albuquerque to save my sanity. Hallelujah! It was so nice to have them run interference with Cienna, playing games, going to the park, and keeping her very busy. At one point I was sitting at the kitchen table feeding AJ and I truly felt like a lady of leisure. My yard work was being done by my father-in-law and my mother-in-law was doing my housecleaning. Now that is what I am talking about! So a big hug and kiss to Gary and Marilou. Thank you so much for everything!


Cienna Learning How To Garden


And Helping!


Papa, Mimi, Cienna and AJ

Another reason that my week was so fab is because my father-in-law helped me start my garden. I have wanted to try growing my own veggies for a few years now but those who know me know that I don't have much of a green thumb. I could kill a cactus. But with a little help and guidance and a lot of encouragement I am confident that my strawberries, basil, cilantro and (soon) tomato plants will thrive!


Strawberries & Sweet Basil

Last night Tony and I got to go out for a much needed date night. After dinner at our favorite Thai food restaurant, we went to see Avitar at the theater. All of the sudden we kicked it into old folks gear. Did we really want to sit in a movie for three hours? I mean, that would get us home at (gasp) 11pm! We couldn't possibly stay out until 11pm. So we decided against the movie. Then we sat in the truck and tried to think of what else we could possibly do that would keep us out past 9pm. Bowling? I didn't have socks on. Hmmm...after 15 minutes of debating we just decided to head home at the very pathetic time of 8:30pm. What a change from our pre-kids days!

As if help with my children, my new garden and a date night with my husband wasn't enough, I got a new car! I finally feel like a mom. It is my version of a minivan and I am thrilled with all of the space that my new car has. And it has my most favorite amenity (no, not a sound proof back seat), heated seats. I seriously don't know what I would do if I couldn't warm my backside every day!


Mom's Taxi Service

Lastly, I just wanted to thank everyone who sent me e-mails, phone calls (and even little care packages) with support after my last blog posting. I really appreciate all of the people in my life and each and every one of you are the reason that I feel comfortable enough to share my ups and downs. You all had a hand in turning my week around! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.