
It was oh so nice to have a beer in my hand with my feet in the sand last week in Playa del Carmen. While I won't bore you with all of the details of the trip, I will just say that if you have a Facebook page you may already know more than you ever wanted to know. Blame it on the tequila. And the beer. And the champagne. And I think there was also rum involved.

Anyway, enough about the alcohol consumption. Obviously a vacation minus the kids (and one that includes my best friend from high school) is going to be a crazy good time. Some of the highlights included:
-Being overcharged almost $400 for beer at the Mega our first day there. Yea. That is why you don't go grocery shopping drunk. Fortunately for us we figured it out the next morning and sent the guys down there to straighten it out while Jen and I consumed morning mimosas. Through an interpreter they were able to explain that there was no way to actually put 96 6-packs of beer into a shopping cart and we got our refund. Mission accomplished!

-Then there was the deep sea fishing excursion. I should have known that it was not going to be exactly smooth sailing when we woke up to black skies and torrential downpour. But when we called we were assured by our fishing guide "Walter" that it would be "no problem!" Uh huh. I should have listened to my internal fishing guide that said don't do it. Not one to be the party pooper, I popped my Dramamine and hopped my happy ass on the boat. Top five worst mistakes that I have ever made. Between the near capsizing of the boat, the freezing weather, and the smell of fuel fumes pumping in my face I finally succumbed to the nasty, plastic fishing vessel Gods of the Caribbean seas. No bueno.

Oh yea, and on top of it all we got a fish on the line and they give the freakin pole to the sicky just trying not to barf all over the boat. That was the topper. I finally gave up and handed Tony the pole, only to watch a 3ft fish jump out of the water and snap the line. Nice ending to the day.
-Tony being called "Rambo" by all the Mexican peddlers, and Jen and Justin being referred to as "Basketball Players." I am jealous! I wasn't given a nickname the entire week we were there. That is probably because no one could see me walking with all of the giants. I was the only one in our group under 6ft!
-Justin asked Jen to marry him! We were enjoying a beautiful walk on the beach when all of the sudden Justin drops to a knee and proposes in Spanish. Jen didn't have a clue what he was saying or why he was in the water, but after he slipped the ring on her finger she finally figured it out. Congrats you two little lovebirds!



So those were some of the highlights of the trip. Tony and I had a great time and only missed the kids a little bit. OK, a lot. But that is why we drank so much...to get them off our minds!








Thank you to Marilou and Gary for flying out to Albuquerque to watch the kids while we spent the week acting like kids. It was such a great time!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.