Monday, May 10, 2010

A Mother's Week

What a great Mother's Day week! I didn't think that it was going to be so great, with Cienna and I not seeing eye to eye on much at the beginning of the week. But Tony came through BIG TIME by taking her to Las Vegas with him and his business partner to pick up a dump trailer that they had purchased. A couple of days without her gave me the space that I needed to realize how much I love and miss the little nugget. T sent me little photos of their trip to keep me in the loop, showing me that she had an absolute blast. And I am sure that it helped that they stayed at Circus Circus....


Dad Carrying Their Overnight Bag


Riding The Rides


Did I Mention That These Were Taken At Like Midnight??

Tony said that Cienna actually told him that she was tired and wanted to go to bed. That just shows you how late it really was. But with McDonald's for lunch, In-n-Out for dinner and Krispy Kremes for breakfast, I am sure that it was a dream trip for her!

While they were gone, AJ and I got to bond. I think that he liked having the one on one time with his mama and I am looking forward to Cienna starting pre-school in August so that he and I can do Gymboree together. He is crawling everywhere and I even caught him pulling himself up on Cienna's baby gate. I immediately grabbed my phone, took a picture and sent it to Tony so that he could share in the momentus occasion. All I got was a reply that Tony had seen him do it the day before (and may I mention he did not feel the need to tell me about it!) I told him that his viewing didn't count and that the day that I saw it would be the day that went in the baby book. So there...




My first Mother's Day gift arrived on Thursday...a new dishwasher! Most people probably don't get excited over this type of stuff but I was overjoyed. Mostly because it has a cool "half load" or "top rack only" feature which allows me to wash just the baby bottles and cups that Cienna and AJ plow through on a daily basis. Moms will understand. My little brother probably won't get it.

My actual Mother's Day was fab. We started with breakfast at our usual Sunday spot, followed by an Isotopes baseball game in the afternoon. It was a beautiful day and the best part came when Cienna's face appeared on the jumbo-tron. It was so cute, and you can bet how thrilled she was to see herself on the big screen! We then came home for naps and Tony continued work on our bathroom, which I can finally say is almost complete! It has been one hell of a project. Then I was treated to dinner at Buca di Beppo and given my "real" gift.



It was such an adorable idea. One side has the kids names and the other has their birthdays (both sides have their birthstones.) And he followed it up with a classic Mother's Day card, complete with at least one misspelled word and totally from the heart!

One more week until Mexico without the kids. This week is gonna be sloooooooooooooow.
Hope that everyone had a great Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.