Sunday, November 7, 2010

Playing Catch Up

After a fabulous 2 week vacation, I am playing catch up. Catching up on laundry, opening mail, housecleaning, and my blog! I feel like there is so much to share with everyone!
Prior to leaving on the 25th, Cienna and AJ had the opportunity to try out their Halloween costumes at the neighborhood Harvest Festival. It is a really cute event that the neighborhood association puts on, with little games and prizes for the kids. I was really impressed with the parents this year. It seemed that everyone had a homemade costume, which either means that the economy has finally taken it's toll on Halloween or we have some really creative parents surrounding us!


Cienna Before the Big Event


AJ as a Greaser

The next day we left for Disneyland. Cienna had no clue that we were headed there...until we arrived. It was such a special surprise for her! She was even more surprised when she heard that her Mimi and Papa were joining us the next day. Talk about a happy camper! Since our last visit, she had grown tall enough to ride all sorts of new rides such as Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, and Soarin' Over California. Her favorite by far was Splash Mountain, although on our very last ride she got so soaking wet that she immediately stood up and yelled "that's it! I am never going on this flippin' ride again!" AJ had a good time too, although he was scared of most of the characters. On some of the rides you could feel his little legs tense up when he was uncomfortable. But all in all, I don't think we scarred him for life or anything! And now for some pictures!


1st Ride of the Day


With Mimi and Papa


Where Does She Learn These Poses?


Splash Mountain!


AJ was Fond of the Petting Zoo


And Not So Fond of Woody


Ending Our Trip With a Trip to Goofy's Kitchen

After 3 days at Disneyland, we were ready to head up to the Bay for Halloween. On our way, we stopped by my grandmother's house in Studio City so she could meet her great-grandchildren for the first time. She was thrilled, and that made me happy.


Great-Grandma Vi

Saturday we did pumpkin carving at Tony's brother's house in the AM and then went to a Halloween party at his house in the PM. Both were fun. I preferred the party though.


Tony Gettin' Down to Business


AJ Gettin' Bored and Giving Me a Heart Attack


Tony and his Prized Pumpkin


Tony and I Dressed as Chris & Wendy 1987 Prom

By the way, that was funny. For those of you who don't know, Tony's oldest brother reunited with his long lost high school love a couple of years ago. I had seen their 1987 prom picture many times in the Mazotti closet...and laughed my ass off! Totally 80's. Pink bow tie and cumberbun to match his dates dress. I always knew who Wendy Walkley was because of the picture but it wasn't until a few years ago that I actually met her. So this year we decided to dress as them for the Halloween party that they were throwing and boy were they surprised! Happily surprised thank God!

Halloween night my mom and Tony's mom went trick-or-treating with the kids. I am sure that Tony would have preferred to be watching the Giant's in the World Series, but he was a good sport and came too. If there is a recession going on in the United States it is definately not effecting Walnut Creek, CA. Cienna raked in the candy!


Cienna and AJ at the 1st Door


More Candy Than a Candy Store

The rest of our trip was relaxing, fun and much needed. Tony and I got to catch up with all of our friends, we spent a night at Artie's (a dive bar that we love!) acting like young, carefree, childless adults, and we celebrated my little brother's 20th birthday the night the Giant's won the World Series. It was a great time to be back in the Bay, with Giant's fever running rampant and everyone in a great party mood.

Part of the trip was bittersweet. It was our last trip staying in Tony's childhood home, as his parents are moving to NM (VERY EXCITING!!) after the 1st of the year. I have so many memories at that house, which include high school and junior college days, a "couple" of parties that his parents may or may not know about (smile), Tony's going away party when he got a scholarship to UNM, our surprise engagement in the backyard and the house that I lived in the 1st year of Cienna's life. Tony says it is just a house...but to me it will always be a very special part of my life that I will look back at with great fondness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.