Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Holiday Sprit

Last week, after another bout of the flu hit our home, we headed up to the cabin to enjoy all that Colorado in the wintertime has to offer. The beginning of December is a perfect time to go because there is some snow, but not a ton of snow. In other words, I can enjoy the holiday feeling without being miserable!
Friday we (when I say we I mean Tony) decided that Cienna should take her first skiing lesson. I jumped on Wolf Creek's website and saw that 4-year-olds could partake in group lessons for a half day, and if the teacher thought they could manage it they would be allowed to stay for the full day for a little more money. We got everyone bundled up and headed to the slopes. On our way there we prepared Cienna for the fact that even though she was only 3 still, today she would be 4 if anyone asked. Great parenting, I know.
As we watched from the Wolf Pup cabin, Cienna hammed it up on the slopes. By lunch time she was already on the chair lift, making sure that everyone knew that she was having the time of her life. By the end of the day she knew every employee at Wolf Creek's name, giving them high fives and big smiles. I would say that her first day skiing was a success!





This is the look of a VERY proud father


AJ's Entertainment While He Waited For Sister

The following day we headed into Durango, CO with one of Tony's co-workers and his wife and son. We spent the day doing a little shopping, having a great lunch and then getting on the Durango / Silverton train for the Polar Express. It was a magical experience for the kids!


At The Train Station


The Palmer Family


View From The Station


That Is AJ's Look Of Sheer Terror As The Train Went By


Cienna Meeting "Santa"

Sunday we all hopped in the truck and made our annual drive through the Colorado forest to find our Christmas tree. Those of you who have never searched for a Christmas tree in the wilderness probably think that it is a simple task. Turns out that most trees you see while driving in Tahoe or Colorado are actually 2 or 3 trees growing together to make a perfect looking tree. To find 1 tree by itself that is decent is no walk in the park. But after about an hour and a half of driving and hiking and searching I spotted The Mazotti Family Christmas tree 2010. Then I sent Tony to do the hard work!





After the tree hunt, it was time for some FUN! We got out the sleds and let everyone play in the snow. AJ perfected his army crawl, Tonka discovered the joy of burying your head in the soft powder and Cienna participated in a snowball fight. A fabulous way to end the day.










Weekends like this make me so happy that I let Tony talk me into our cozy little cabin. The memories just keep stacking up!


Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.