Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Field Tripping

Another Valentine's Day has come and gone...this one spent mourning our beloved Zeus. In case anyone is wondering I have finally stopped crying and have gotten to a place where I can talk (and think)about him without becoming a total basket case. Cienna celebrated with a fun filled day at school, including a special note from mom & dad.



The weekend after Valentine's Day we had a house guest. Tony and I both met Danny in the 6th grade. He tells a very funny story how when he came half way through the 6th grade year from Texas, he had a crush on me. Another classmate of ours asked him if he was looking at me in class and he said yes...only to then be told that I was "bad news" because I was Tony Mazotti's girlfriend. I think what he meant to say was that Tony Mazotti was bad news! Funny that we can all talk and laugh about things like that now. We played Ghettopoly (yes that is a real game!) and dominoes for much of the weekend and talked about the good ol' days. It was a lot of fun!

Danny and "Bad News"

Today I escorted Cienna's class on their 1st field trip of the school year. We went to none other than Albuquerque Fire Station #3! After a quick tour of the station and then an adorable talk about fire safety, Tony showed the kids his bunker gear and they all got to sit on the fire truck. It was so much fun and I think that everyone had a great time!

Question & Answer Period


Firefighter Tony Showing His Fire Outfit


Learning "Stop, Drop & Roll"


Giving Tony a Big Thank You Hug

With another field trip planned for next week, it sure does make me happy that I am able to stay at home with my kids. Each and every year, life gets a little more interesting (and crazy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.