Saturday, March 5, 2011

BFF

Last weekend my BFF from high school came to visit from Denver. I have known Jen since we met freshman year in Mr. Boerner's English class in 1993. I had known of her prior to that when rumor had it that she had stabbed my boyfriend in the arm during a fight in middle school. That's right...we were destined to be best friends!

She arrived late Friday night which also happened to be Tony's 32nd birthday. Fortunately we had a babysitter booked, dinner reservations planned and lots of great friends to join us for the festivities! After a fabulous meal at Yanni's, we headed to Imbibe for a quick drink and then off to Q Bar for some more drinks and dancing. We ran into another firefighter there and after a playful wrestling match between he and Tony OUR party was asked to leave. I am sure that it didn't help that everyone in his party was 5'5" or shorter and everyone in our party was 5'7" or taller. I swear, big people can't catch a break. Even though we were asked to leave, everyone from both sides came back to our house for a little after party of burgers on the grill and pinball playing. It was a blast!

Over the course of the weekend Jen and I had many, many great talks about life, love, friendship and about what it means to be a woman in today's society. We are very similar but have chosen different paths in life (at least up to this point.) She joined the Army right out of high school, saw different countries and started a career as a RN. I went to college, started a career and then became a stay-at-home mom. She is getting ready to be married in June and by then I will have been married 7 years. She is conflicted between wanting to have kids and wanting to travel the world...which I am as well. OK, just kidding. No matter where life takes us I know that we will always be BFFs. Our friendship is just that easy.

We also managed to fit in a quick trip to Santa Fe. She had never been and I had never been without Tony so it was fun. And the kids were AMAZING! It was like they knew that I was going to lock them in the closet if they acted up or something. A perfect day!

The only downfall of the weekend was that I didn't take a single picture! So instead I will add a few "old school" pics of Jen and I.


Our High School Yearbook Photo When We Were Voted "Thelma & Louise"


Prom 1997 (Look How Young T Looks!)


My 21st Birthday


My 30th Birthday

Oh man, the stories that we could tell. I need to write them down so that I don't forget...then bury it somewhere where no one will find it! XOXOXOXO Jenny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.