Friday, May 18, 2012

My New Toy

Last week I randomly woke up and decided that it was time for a new camera. I have several at the house, none of which can actually take a picture within 30 seconds of pressing the shoot button. This has come to be a problem, since my 2 year old only has an attention span of 2.2 seconds. So to avoid having to have conversation with AJ later in life as to why I have no pictures of him from the age of 2-5 I decided that it would be best to consult with my "photog" friends about what kind of camera to buy. The response was overwhelmingly the Canon Rebel. Since I do everything in my power not to buy anything new, I immediately jumped on Craigslist, waded through the potential serial killer ads, and found a Canon in my price range. After a few white lies about having a budget, I finally haggled the guy down to a price that I was willing to pay. Once I picked it up, I immediately snapped some shots of the kids. It was AMAZING. I could take 10 pictures of AJ within 10 seconds...which meant that I was bound to get one that he was actually looking at the camera! I was so impressed that I wondered what the hell took me so long to get one. I feel like a whole new world has opened for me! Below are some of the awesome pictures that I shot the first week!
AJ just "loved" this little slug a little too much. About 5 minutes after this photo was shot he brought it back to me in 3 pieces!
Who knew AJ could wink?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.