Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Preschool Grad

Last week our baby girl graduated from preschool. Some may wonder...what exactly does it mean to graduate from a place that your parents pay for you to go to and is not required? Well I will tell you.
It means that you can write your name better. And you now know that you aren't just Cienna, or princess, or fancy pants. You are Cienna Elise Mazotti, born January 15th. You live at 1611 Kit Carson Ave, your mom's phone number is 991-2838 and your dad works at Station 3, Squad 2!
Graduating from preschool also means that your drawings have evolved. At the beginning of the year our family had no arms and really no bodies. Just one long torso and some legs (two if we were lucky!) Now, graduate, you not only have all the parts on the page but you have learned to accessorize mom with a broom and you with a flower bow in your hair.
In preschool you have learned to share with others, listen to your elders and be a good friend. Your teachers tell me that you are always looking out for others and eager to help with any and every task in the classroom. In fact, they say that you are so organized that you could actually teach the class! Much to my dismay, you do not yet think that boys have cooties. Instead, you ask me about once a week when I think you will meet your husband. You had the affection of many boys in preschool, always leaving things in your cubbie or inviting you to their parties. It pays to be pretty on the inside as well as the outside. My heart swells when I think of you. I worry that now that you are entering elementary school that the years are going to fly by. I worry that I won't be able to capture every moment. That I won't appreciate you and all that you bring to my life. Being a parent is the hardest, scariest, most wonderful thing that I have ever done. I am so proud of you today, and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.