Saturday, July 28, 2012

Lake Powell

Last weekend we took a kid-free trip to Lake Powell with my best friend from high school, Jen, and her husband Justin. True to form with every road trip we have ever taken, Tony and I wanted to kill each other before we even got in the car. Eventually we both managed to relax and enjoy the almost 7 hour drive to the lake, even though at times it seemed that we were on a road to nowhere...

This Is About The Time That We Would Have Run Out Of Gas Had We Not Packed Gas

After arriving in Halls Crossing, UT, we were greeted by a huge windy storm front that almost knocked us off the dock as we were trying to cart our goods to the houseboat. I was really hoping that this was not a sign that we had made the gods of the lake mad in some way, considering we were about to board a boat with 4 people we had never met before for the next 4 days. It could make for a LONG weekend.

The storm passed, Jen and Justin arrived after baring the brunt of 2 flat tires, and the festivities were underway. It was one long first night...
The following morning we awoke and tried to be good. You know, coffee, water, shower, food. That didn't last long. Before I knew it we were picking up right where we left off the night before. And that is the way it remained for the next 3 days.

Thank God For Boat Beverages Being Served At 7am

Ditto

Experienced boaters Jen and Justin showed us what wakeboarding was all about. They made it look easy, while Tony and I made it look really, really hard. I got my butt kicked by that lake and I have the bruises to prove it! I look like I was in a high speed car accident and my arms have never been so sore!

I Prefer This Seat On The Boat

As Hank Williams Jr. so cleverly sung, "the hangovers hurt more than they used to." I would add to that by saying "next time I will show some self control." But then again, what fun is that? Hell, it was worth it!

Our Very Own Jay-Z Video


Absolutely Breathtaking! We Will See You Again!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.