Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The World of Disney

Now that I feel like a reasonable amount of time has passed since we returned from the "Happiest Place on Earth" I have decided to post about our trip...sans the chip on my shoulder. Don't get me wrong. I love me some Disney. But this trip was at least one day too long and as a result I experienced what Tony pinned a "magical meltdown."

We arrived in Disneyland Monday afternoon and immediately rushed over to the park to get a jump on our 4-day parkhopper passes. Holy lord I did not know that many people could be crammed into the grounds in the middle of summer. Don't they have capacity rules and regulations? Where is the fire marshall when you need him? In one word, the lines at Disneyland were RIDICULOUS. Smile!

We Can Do This!

Granny came along for the trip and she was able to eek out a few smiles as well. If it weren't for Tony's "magical pass" that he appropriated I am pretty sure she would have jumped ship and flown back to the Bay early. It was that RIDICULOUS.



The next day we treated both Cienna and AJ to makeovers at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Cienna became a princess for the day and AJ became Sir AJ the Knight. I am pretty sure my mom started wondering where she went wrong as a parent at this point. She kept leaning over to me saying things like "your children are spoiled" and "you never did anything like this when YOU were a child." I felt like a bratty teenager again when I gently whispered in her ear "see mom...money really does buy happiness!" and then sat back and watched her eyes roll permanently into the back of her head. Hahaha! Nothing like messing with good ol' mom to keep things lively!





The rest of the trip was full of fun, sun and magical moments. Even though I threw a tantrum of a lifetime, I would go back again in a heartbeat. After all...I love me some Disney!










I say "Till Next Time Disney!"
Tony says "If There Is A Next Time Disney!"
Granny says "Lord If There Is A Next Time Please Don't Invite Me!"
Cienna says "I Love Disneyland!"
AJ says "Are We Go There Tomorrow That Disneyland?"







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.