Monday, August 27, 2012

School Daze

August 15th, 2012 was a day that I had been waiting for for roughly a year. It was the date that I continued to repeat in my head every time I wanted to lay down in traffic somewhere. It was the date that I repeated every time I wanted to pull a runaway housewife. August 15th, 2012 was everything that I imagined it would be. Absolutely freakin fabulous!


August 15th Cienna started kindergarten at Coronado Elementary, a Spanish immersion school about 5 minutes from the house. It is the first time that she is going to school 5 days a week and it is an extended day from what she is used to at pre-school. We have already seen signs that this is a little stressful on her, based on the fact that she cries almost every night before bed time begging not to go back to school because the day is too long. I feel so bad for her. I tell her that everything will be fine and she will get used to it, but in the back of my mind I am thinking "oh girl you have no idea! You have like 15 years of this ahead of you!"

She seems to be adjusting well to being taught exclusively in Spanish. She has made some new friends, most of whom loyally follow her around the playground, and has already had to work out some issues with some not-so-nice kids. Today I surprised her by coming at lunch time to hang while she ate and played and I hope to do that about once every 2 weeks. I love being able to drop in from time to time.




August 15th AJ started pre-school 3 days a week from 9-1pm. I thought for sure that he was going to have problems sharing or throwing or hitting but so far I have not received a negative report card. The teacher has however told me that AJ was born with "extra testosterone" and said that he likes to tell her "don't tell me that" from time to time. He loves the playground that he watched his sister play on for 2 years. He loves riding the tricycles. And everyday when I pick him up he is a little ball of sweat who says "mommy can I play on your phone?" Super cute.

I am thoroughly enjoying my Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. I go to the gym, do yoga every Wednesday, and have time to get some errands done. This makes for a nicer mommy and wife. I spend Tuesday and Thursdays focusing all of my attention on AJ because I am able to get my other stuff done when he is at school. It is everything that I imagined it would be and more. I am loving it!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.