Last week we celebrated Thanksgiving with our family and friends in California. It was a whirlwind of a trip (when is it not?) and by the time we got home we needed a vacation from our vacation!
I love CA. I love the trees, the shopping and all of the memories. I could drive down almost any street in the Bay and tell you about something that happened there. It will always hold a special place in my heart!
During our trip we traveled to Napa (twice!) to visit Tony's grandmother and his uncles Ray and Mark. We dined at my favorite restaurant, power shopped with Dena at Broadway Plaza, and Christmas shopped for presents with Granny at Lakeshore Learning Center. We saw Tony's brothers, my brothers and lots of great friends. We ate too much, spent too much, and had a great time doing it!
Loving Granny
Cousin Niko
Thanksgiving Day we went to my mom's house. I volunteered to try a new recipe...White Castle Burger Stuffing. It turned out AMAZING, despite the fact that I realized the following day that I didn't use all of the ingredients that I had bought. Oops. We had a traditional meal with traditional bickering and by the time we ate the only thing that we were thankful for was that the meal was ready. But that is family for you. Or is it just my family for you?
Further Proof That I Am The Best Looking Sibling
The most interesting part of the evening was listening to my brother describe how he is not "technically" engaged to his live-in girlfriend. He bought a ring...that she knew about...had it sized...which she new about...and then brought it home, put it on the kitchen table and told her to "go look at what was on the table." She said she was hoping for food because she was starving. Instead she got a solitaire diamond ring that she wears on her ring finger on her left hand. It is the strangest thing I have ever heard of. But then again...it's my brother. Strange is his middle name. Just look at this picture!
Welcome To The Family Monique (I Think?)
There is the recap of Thanksgiving 2012. A very interesting experience!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.