Wednesday, December 19, 2012

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas...

It has been an usually warm December in Albuquerque which has thrown my Christmas radar off. I can't hardly believe that it is just 6 days away even though we have been prepping around here for weeks. First, with some gentle persuasion, I convinced Tony to put up Christmas lights on the house. He really got into it...and I must say, I think our house is the merriest one on the block!


Next, we went hunting for a Christmas tree. In the last few years we have driven around for hours in the Colorado forest wasting time and diesel gas searching for the perfect tree to chop down for only an $8 fee. This year we drove right up, paid $40 and picked the perfect tree in 2 minutes flat. And we didn't have to drive home for 4 hours with it tied to the top of the car! Mission accomplished!


Speaking of Christmas trees, I couldn't resist taking a picture of Cienna's tree-picking outfit. When I told her that she needed to get ready to go this is what she chose...


She takes her fashion seriously people! I love this about her. Unless it is 7:45am and she is hysterical that her tights don't match her shoes.

AJ enjoyed a hot cup of cocoa during our tree outing...well sort of. I am pretty sure only about 2 sips actually made it in his mouth. The rest was spilled in a dramatic fashion all over the ground. He hasn't quite gotten the concept that when you bend down you need to keep your cup up!

AJ and his hot cocoa in happier times

We also had fun decorating gingerbread houses at a neighbor's house. The kids actually shared a house...and decorating responsibilities equally. I was so proud! There is hope that they will get along!


I have been blasting Christmas music, baking cookies and making the house a winter wonderland. Only 6 more days until the fat man comes! Here's to hoping I am still on the nice list! Happy holidays from our house to yours!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.