Monday, December 2, 2013

Diesel

God has blessed us with another four-legged furry friend. I can't quite express how much I / we needed him. The timing was perfect. After all the decisions, choices, setbacks and events it is very apparent that everything happens for a reason and Diesel was meant for us.
He arrived Monday the 25th in a bassinet on our doorstep via Delta airlines all the way from Virginia. He did not make the trek from the motherland, South Africa, like his brother and sister before him. That must have been the reason that he was too scared to come out of the crate when we picked him up from the airport. Zeus and Tonka had been traveling for like 14 hours so hell, it could have been anyone standing outside that door when they arrived. They were outta there! Diesel could afford to be choosy, as his flight was only 8 hours. He was scared of us. Downright refused to come out of the crate. Refused to be coerced or enticed out of his safe place. Looking back, it may have been that we were a tiny loud when we first saw him. Not me of course, but definitely AJ. And Cienna. And Tony.


Within an hour of him being home he had cristened the hallway rug with a golden shower and a landmine on the living room floor. I kinda forgot what a pain in the ass having a puppy is! Just when I got my kids potty trained...err wait...AJ pooped his pants today. Never mind. Diesel may be potty trained before AJ!


Guess who locked himself in the crate the next morning? Guess who left him there for a good 5 minutes so he would learn his lesson?


Diesel is docile and loving. He sits when he eats, he sits when he gets nervous, and he gets the hiccups after every meal. He will do ANYTHING to have human contact including crawling up on your lap when you are in a chair or trying relentlessly throughout the night to climb onto the bed. He loves to play with AJ. His favorite place to sleep in the entire house is on top of my Ugg boots...or on my leopard print Snuggie...or anywhere else that he can make himself comfortable.

Well Make Yourself At Home Diesel!

Diesel is going to be very surprised when he grows up to be a big boy. He has himself convinced that he is a lap dog, part of which I am enjoying. I don't think I have ever gotten a pedicure with a warm dog on my lap!

When Daddy's Away Mama and Diesel Will Play!

He is an absolute joy. Even with the waking up 4 times a night, cleaning up the messes and everything else that comes along with him. Just like with kids I would do it all over again. And again. And again. They just leave footprints on your heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.