After purchasing season passes to Wolf Creek last October, we swore that every winter weekend we would be at the cabin and hitting the slopes. What actually happened was that we kicked off the season with a bang and then failed to leave ABQ for the next 7 weeks. If it had happened any other way it would have been a miracle. At least we still continue to dream!
We arrived Saturday morning to virtually no snow in town. It was spring-like, muddy, and overall pretty sad. But that didn't keep us from suiting up and heading to Wolf Creek along with everyone else on President's Day weekend. We arrived just before 10am, and true to form, Tony blew past the parking attendants who were flagging us to park WAY below the resort. This has been his modus operandi for years and to his credit he has had a 100% success rate with finding a parking spot right up front for the last 6 years. As he pulled up to the drop off area he zeroed in on an end spot that was up against the man-made snow bank. He politely asked us to get out and get our stuff on while he whipped the F-350 around with expert precision. Now I have total faith in Tony and his parking skills. I have seen him fit trailers and trucks within seconds into spots that would have put me in tears just trying. So when I saw the front end of the truck dip down into the snow bank I didn't immediately think anything. In fact it wasn't until he through it into reverse and the wheels started to spin and the black smoke from the exhaust started to fill the air that I realized that Mr. Perfect Parker had gotten stuck...like really stuck and in a spot that he was obviously trying to beat the system and park in right near the front. Ha! The cuss words were flying as I continued to bundle the kids up for their fun filled ski day. I told them to grab their stuff and we headed to Wolf Pups while Tony waited for the plow to pull him out of the snow bank. While I wish I had a picture of this...I knew that it was in the best interests of my marriage to not whip out my phone and take one. But it was priceless! What a way to start the weekend!
Cienna and AJ spent the day in Wolf Pups while Tony and I had a "date day", racing each other down the mountain, yelling "Sochi Bitches!" and every once in a while taking a break at the Raven's Nest so that I could get my liquid courage on.
By 3 o'clock we were skiing as a family, with great pride. I can't quite describe the feeling of watching your little ducklings ski ahead of you down a mountain. Makes my heart just melt!
The family that skis together, stays together, so here is to forever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.