It is hard to believe that my baby has turned 5 years old. Five. Not a baby (although I still wipe his butt), not a toddler (I still brush his teeth), but a big, bad 5 year old (who wants his mommy to lay with him every night before bed.) AJ recently began his last year of preschool and with that came all of the emotions of feeling that my kids are growing up just to damn fast. Gone are the hopeless days of nursing babies, toddler tantrums and an extensive sweat pant collection. No more diapers, bottles or pacifiers. Life has evolved into very busy days and nights filled with school, sports and rooms that never stay clean. AJ has evolved from "My Man of Lamancha", "Little Squeaker Backseat Driver Boy", "Swivelneck" and my "Mr. Mr." to a sweaty, tan, muscly, sweet boy who loves Legos, Ninja Turtles, Zombies, Trash Monsters and sports of all kinds. At preschool they used to call you the "jock in the diaper." Now when I pick you up they just shake their heads and say "Oh AJ." You are truly one of a kind. Happy Birthday and many, many more!
At 5 Years Old You:
-Love iPads, iPhones, iPods
-Love Everything Zombie
-Are Obsessed With Lego "Guys"
-Do Not Like Wearing Shirts To Bed Because You Get Hot
-Get Embarrassed If You Have To Take Your Shirt Off In Front Of People
-Say "Sumping" Instead of "Something"
-Eat Smuckers Crustless PB&J Sandwiches Every Single Day
-Love Your Mommy And Never Want To Leave Her. Unless I Have Told You No More Video Games. Then You Want Me To Go To Heaven.
-Love The TV Show Monsters vs. Aliens And Sing The Theme Song Outloud
-Love Black Widow Hunting With A Hammer
-Love Soccer And The Batting Cages
-Would Wear Crocs, Flip Flops or Snow Boots Everyday If I Let You
-Taught Me How To Fish By Saying "Let Me Tell You How To Fish Mom. 1st; If There Is A Hooker On Your Pole You Throw The Hooker Out."
-Think your forearm is called your "two arm."
At 5, your sister and I love to watch you playing in the backyard by yourself. We spy on you...and giggle at the things that you do when you don't even know we are watching you. We wonder WHAT IS GOING ON IN THAT HEAD OF YOURS? I only wish I knew....



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.