Monday, August 18, 2014

Zombie Party!

AJ will soon be turning 5 and after looking at the calender for August I realized that...if we didn't have the party like...this weekend...we wouldn't have one at all! After asking the little prince what kind of party he would like to have he immediately blurted out "ZOMBIES!" and I got right to work. My mind ran wild with all kinds of ideas for scary food, music, photo opp cutouts with guts hanging out, etc. It was going to be awesome! That is until we hand delivered the 1st invitation to a neighbor to which she replied "oh wow! A zombie party! Yea, we absolutely cannot come. Our son is TERRIFIED of zombies. We can't even say the Z word in this house." Well, shit. So much for the ultimate 5 year old zombie party! I quickly switched gears....


No more vienna sausages wrapped in tortillas dripped in ketchup. Zombie fingers finger foods would be too scary for this crowd. Instead I bought a witch pinata and did some slight modifications....


I was so excited. It was part Plants vs Zombies, part I had to deal with what I was working with here. I ran into AJ's room and drug him out to the kitchen to get his opinion. He looked up, shook his head and said "it's not good mama. It's too scary. That nose is too scary. Cut the nose off mama!" Without another word I slowly put the scissors away, placed the sharpie on the counter and poured myself a drink. This party was going to be a disaster.

Keeping in mind that my son is frightened of the pinata and our only guest to RSVP has declined, I got to work on the goodie bags. None of that chintzy plastic stuff at my kid's party! It must be useful. It must not go in the trash the moment that they leave. It must be a ZOMBIE SURVIVAL KIT!


Emergency Drinking Water. Check!
Protein in the form of Slim Jims. Check!
Food With Shelf Life. Twinkies. Yes!
Glow Sticks. Supplies. Just in Case You Need To See While You Are Running From The ZOMBIES! Boo Yea!

Party Day! Zombies everywhere! An (almost) 5 year old's dream!!

Zombie Faces, Brains and Severed Arm Cupcakes



Hope your zombie party was the best zombie party in the history of zombie parties AJ! We love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.