December 27, 2014 - After a tragic accident, I (Alexis's knee) was reduced to no weight baring activities and a grossly unattractive navy blue leg brace. Navy blue is not my color. In fact, it makes me look downright sad.
January 21, 2015 - I met with the man who believes he can fix me. Better than before he said. I wanted to gouge his eyes out. I was GREAT before! 15 plus years of squatting while playing 1st and 3rd base. I was the master of the Stairmaster at the gym. Skiing, snowboarding, attempting to water ski....I was amazing. Now this "doctor" says that he will make me better. I should have cut him.
February 1, 2015 - Feeling great these days. Leg press at the gym, wall sits, helping to lift hauling job junk off of trucks just like before the epic fail on the slopes. Do I even need surgery?
February 6, 2015 - Ouch. Today, while attempting to lift a door that we were selling on Craigslist I don't know what happened. I just gave out. Flopped forward. It was the worst! Maybe I am not as great as I think I am. Maybe...I'm...A...Wimp??
March 2, 2015 - Today is the big day! Robo Knee here I come! Let's do this! Whoot whoot! Bring it on!
March 2, 2015 (Evening) - Holy f*ck. Need...Pain...Meds. God help me.
March 3, 2015 - I have decided to inspire others through sharing my journey of struggle and triumph. My life's goal is now to let people know that ACL surgery is not the end. It is the beginning. But bring pain medication on your journey. And find a babysitter for your kids. Because you will not survive unless you surrender to the pain. And have lots of shows to watch. Come...with me...to the dark side of ACL surgery recovery.
My First Post-Op Picture. Not To Shabby! That Thigh Is Looking Good! Compression Socks Might Become My New Wardrobe Staple! (Warning. That Is The Medication Talking)
Here I Am With My Trusty Companion Diesel. I Am Pretty Sure He Is Just Using My Pain As An Excuse To Get On The Bed. That Is Of No Consequence To Me. I Am Desperate For The Company. I Am All Out Of Real Housewives To Watch.
Today They Delivered Some Machine That Resembles A Torture Device Used In Those "Hostel" Films. Right Now I Would Kill To Be The Victim Of A Homicidal Maniac. I Am Starting To Think That Amputation Would Have Been Easier.
Breathing Room! Finally I Am Able To Start Working On My Tan!
Damn Hacking iCloud People! This Nude Photo Was Never Meant For Public Consumption!
Oh My God. I Look Like Hamburger Meat. I Will Never Go Out In Public Again. My Life Is Over!
Well Someone Must Have Liked That Nude Shot From Before. I Got A Flower Delivery Today! Maybe There Is Life After ACL Surgery!
After A Date With My Secret Admirer, I Decided To Get Back In The Saddle! Work Doesn't Stop Just Because I Think I Am Going To Die From Excruciating Pain! Here Is A Shot Of Me Being A BOSS!
Trying Out Some Halloween Looks. This One I Call "The Spiderman Boss Chick Supa Robo Knee." Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?
Shhhh. I'm In My Zen Place. They Call This "Physical Therapy." I Am Not Sure What That Means Except They Covered Me In An Ice Pack And Turned The Lights Off. UH-MAZE-ZING! Highly Recommend You Find A Groupon For Something Like This STAT!
Here I Am In My Travel Gear. It's Basically Just A Glorified Ice Bucket. Not Impressed.
March 25, 2015 - I have traveled from the edge of despair and returned stronger than I was before. I am still not 100% but I understand that these things take time. My spiritual adviser is working with me to ensure that my "childs pose", "mountain" and "downward facing dog" will be better than ever as long as I resolve to doing more for others than for myself. Right now I cannot fathom doing anything for anyone but myself...but I am sure that eventually, after lots of squats and vitamin E oil and a regular massage schedule I will get my yoga back. I will rise above these obstacles and spread the word of ACL surgery to all who choose to listen. It can be done!
Best,
Ali's Knee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.