Sunday, May 17, 2015

Upper Case AJ Graduates Pre-K


Last Thursday our baby boy AJ graduated from Pre-K with a celebration at the school. It's hard to believe that the kid the teachers used to refer to as "the jock in the diaper" is now about to enter elementary school. It's also hard to believe that while he continues to get older I stay the same age...but that is a different blog post entirely.

True to form, AJ did not disappoint at the graduation ceremony. Tony had to work at the fire station so in order to attend the event he had to come with the fire truck and the 3 other guys on the truck. As they were standing in the back of the room listening to their walkie talkies for calls, AJ was called up to the microphone to receive his diploma and tell the crowd what he wanted to be when he grows up. Everyone (including myself) expected him to say a firefighter, especially with the special appearance by his dad and the other guys. Instead, he thought carefully, and said "a police!" which received lots of laughter from everyone. Sorry Tony.

When a little boy wearing a sailor cap stated that he wanted to be a "motorcycle rider" when he grew up AJ immediately shouted "that's not even a job!" While I was mortified that he said that, I was happy not to be the mother of AJ's best friend who told everyone he wanted to be a "Five Nights at Freddy's Serial Killer" when he grew up. It was quite a scene indeed.


I decided to pull out his preschool folder and look at some of the highlights of his last 3 years. I am sure you will agree...they broke the mold when AJ came around.

Dad, a Tree and a Deer. Dad is shooting the deer through the tree. Awesome AJ. Pure awesomeness.

I particularly like the look on Diesel's face and the fact that I am the only one frowning. #truth

His pregnant pre-k teacher I might add.

He remembered the ears...and added a neck goiter!

The E-Mail!

It is never a dull moment being your mom AJ. Thank you for all of the fantastic memories (and material for your wedding day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.