Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Legoland

Last weekend the Mazotti family traveled to the happiest place on Earth for 6-10 year old kids...better known as LEGOLAND! Tony flew to the Bay a few days early (5 days actually, not that I am keeping count or anything) and I drove to San Diego with the kids by myself, never once day dreaming about where I was going to go when Tony watches the kids for me for 5 days. I drove to Phoenix the first night and stayed with our friends Ian and Paige, where AJ proceeded to play tackle football with their pit bull Rocko in piles of dog poop. After doing an unexpected load of laundry and showering we finally got a good night's sleep for our big day when we would meet Tony at Legoland!


We blew our entire vacation budget on the Lego Hotel but hell, YOLO! After checking in to our "Pirate Theme" room we headed down to the lobby for a little friendly Lego building competition. It took 4 of us, 2 hours and every black Lego they had in the hotel but we came up with a masterpiece that was truly a group effort. 51 kids stood up and presented their creations but in the end they were no match for our little witchy! Best Design goes to the Mazottis! Boo yea!


After winning the recognition that we, like obviously, deserved we decided to focus our time and energy on other important issues like minifigure trading. I had read online that the Legoland employees wear minifigures that you can trade with so I purchased 40 retro ones online for 75 cents a piece knowing that Cienna and AJ would have a ball with them. What I didn't expect was that Tony would actually hoard them and spend every waking moment plotting and scheming how he could trade for the ones he wanted most. We had more than one meltdown regarding "fairness" and "Legoland being for kids not adults" during the trip. I guess Tony didn't get the memo!


All in all, Legoland was a huge success. The lines were almost non-existant, the weather was beautiful, and our friends from Albuquerque joined us to make it an even more festive occasion. We rode rides, met characters, tried out the water park, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the hotel. I have a feeling it is not our last time at Legoland!









Before leaving southern California we could not resist a day at the beach. I have to admit... it made me miss my home state and dream about one day having a little bungalow somewhere near the water. We will see what the future holds!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.