Sunday, January 15, 2017

Cienna Turns Double Digits!


It's so hard to believe that it has been 10 years since our Cienna Elise was born. Oh how I wish at times I could go back to snuggling her as a baby or listening to her say everything with an unintentional french accent when she was 2. As with everything, there is always good and bad. While I sometimes yearn to hold my plump little baby again, I have no desire to change another diaper. And while it was totally adorable hearing her say "paypeh" instead of "paper" and "strolleh" instead of "stroller", I can still remember the epic toddler meltdowns where I thought her head was going to spin off of her shoulders. And even now, I so enjoy watching her grow into a beautiful, capable, strong minded young lady, but I can't stand when she rolls her eyes at me or interrupts me mid sentence because she already knows everything there is to know! In times of great despair, I would call my mother who would wisely tell me, "this too shall pass. On to something else of course...which is usually worse...but this too shall pass!" Oh how right she is. Now that Cienna has hit double digits, I am staring down the barrel of the teenage years. While toddler tantrums were terrible, I still had the ability to lock her in her room knowing that she wouldn't be able to crawl out the window or get hurt. Now if I lock her in her room I have to worry about her plotting how she is going to repay me for ruining her life!

I am grateful for her everyday.


At 10 years old you love:

-Any baking / cooking / fashion design shows
-To DIY perfumes, lip balms, and makeup
-To compete in level 3 gymnastics
-To train in grappling and boxing
-American Girl magazine and Girls World magazine
-Carbs (bread mostly), candy, ice cream, and that is about it. If you could just eat bread and candy all day you would
-Your new, big bedroom with new, big bed
-Shopping
-Jewelry
-Beados, Shopkins, American Girl dolls, Tsum Tsums
-Taking bubble baths with a facial mask, smelly body gels and lotions and music playing
-Spending my money
-Your Hoverboard
-Sleeping in on the weekends
-Pinterest


At 10 years old you do not love:

-Your parents telling you anything
-Flossing your teeth
-Brushing your hair
-Doing your homework
-The drama at school
-Fruits, vegetables, or anything that is even remotely healthy for you to ingest
-Saving your money
-Having chores (especially when NONE of your friends have chores...just you! Life is so unfair!)

And to that I will say what my mother also, wisely said to me...."life isn't fair. Get used to it. You don't always get what you want but you get what you need. When you are the parent you can make the rules!" And so it is....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.