Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bloody Lips, Blood Clots & Pinatas!

So normally I don't post two days in a row but I couldn't help myself. I know that our family is typical...ups and downs, crazy times followed by moments of calm. It seems as though our family goes through these dramas on a daily basis. And today was no different than any other "usual" Sunday for us.
It started with Tony complaining of leg pain. Now when I say complaining I really need to clarify. He does not complain unless something really bad is happening. Back in 1996 he "complained" of a side cramp to me. I told him to "man up" and "grow a pair." Less than 12 hours later he was having his appendix removed. So when he was complaining that his leg was bothering him I knew that it must be serious. He called his doctor who told him that he could have a blood clot and recommended that he go to the ER. He decided to see how it went.
About 2 hours later he and Cienna were napping in her room. Cienna was in her bed and Tony was laying on the floor with his leg propped up. The next thing I heard (over the vacuum cleaner...I really should have been getting a pedicure!) was Tony yelling "Alexis, come here quick!" Cienna had fallen out of bed during her nap and went face first into Tony's crutches that were laying on the floor. Her lip was the size of Texas and it was bleeding. She was crying, but all of her teeth were in tact and she was able to pull herself out of it with a Popsicle. That is Cienna's thing. When she got bit by a dog I was able to get her to stop crying by offering her a NutraGrain bar. The girl loves food!
We had a birthday party to go to at 1pm so we started getting ready. It was at this point that Tony thought that he should go to the ER. To make a long story short...they found a blood clot. And I am waiting to hear all of the details as we speak.
While daddy was in the ER we went to our neighbor's house for her 1st birthday party. Now don't go thinking I am a wife with no heart...going to parties and blogging while her man is in the ER. I know that he is OK because when I talked to him earlier he asked what I had eaten at the party and wanted me to bring him home a plate! Cienna experienced her first pinata (I am sure the first of many living in New Mexico.) She got the hang of it pretty quick...see below for details!
I will keep you posted on Tony's condition. We hope to have him home soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.