Enlargement of the part of the kidney that collects urine (the renal pelvis) from 4 to 10 millimeters in diameter is called fetal pyelectasis. Pyelectasis is detected in 1 per 100 babies before birth, and is seen more commonly in male fetuses. About 1in 500 cases develops significant disease. Most mild cases resolve before birth or within a few months after delivery.
So....they tell me it is nothing to concern myself with and that most likely it will correct itself either before being born or right after. Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but I am not dwelling on it either! They did tell me that my baby had "very muscular arms and legs and was definately going to be an athlete." They also told me that it was a "nice, chunky baby." They got some great pictures that I wanted to share!

A picture of the "very muscular" arm

And one of the leg.....

Contemplating emptying the kidneys!
Our other news is Cienna's first visit from the Easter bunny. She was so excited to do all of the Easter things....dye eggs, the hunt and realizing that the bunny brings gifts! She was so careful to remove each item from her basket one-by-one and show us everything....I absolutely loved it. Here are a few pics of that...

Her Easter basket

Some of her favorite things....

Dying eggs for the first time



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.