Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Happy Mother's Day

Back in 2007, I spent my first Mother's Day in Texas with Tony packing up our house while Cienna was in California with family. As we walked our dogs around our neighborhood for the very last time Tony asked me if I was sad because I wasn't spending my very first Mother's Day with Cienna. I told him that it would all be worth it if he could promise me that my next Mother's Day would be spent at our "cabin in Colorado." He promised that he would do his best to see to it that we got the cabin that we always wanted by then. In 2008, I spent my second Mother's Day with Tony and Cienna at our newly purchased cabin in Colorado. I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. This year, my third Mother's Day, I am feeling enormously emotional as I blog on the couch. I received a necklace from my favorite jeweler, Lily Barrack, which my husband designed especially for me. He gave me a card with words so sweet, it made me cry. My daughter just told me that she had to go potty...and she did! I am not only a mother, but also a mother-to-be, just one more blessing that has been bestowed upon me. I truly so happy, which makes this the best Mother's Day that I have ever spent.

Last Monday one of my best friends, Lindsay, and her fiancee Joe drove out from California for a visit. We spent Monday - Wendesday hanging out in ABQ, where they went to Gymboree, hung out at Maloney's Bar for Cinco de Mayo and got to see what a crazy life we truly live. Wednesday afternoon we left for Colorado and had so much fun enjoying the fabulous weather (it was HOT in ABQ) and catching up. We played Spades, BBQ'd and took the raft out on the lake. Since I forgot my camera (and Linsday is probably just getting back into CA as we speak) I used some "stock" photos of the raft (and Cienna on our maiden voyage last year!)


On Friday we drove into Pagosa Springs, CO, where we visited The Springs resort for the day. They have 17 hot springs that range anywhere from 93-114 degrees and if that wasn't relaxing enough, they all overlook a beautiful river. It was truly a treat and Cienna loved her choice of "tiny pools!"

Saturday morning we went our seperate ways...Lindsay and Joe headed back to CA and we headed back to ABQ. The time came and went way too fast but I am so grateful that they are our friends. Thanks for the great visit you guys! We will see you soon!
P.S. Just got some pictures from Lindsay...here are a couple!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.