Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend


While most people spend Memorial Day weekend camping, boating, and grilling, we in the Mazotti house like to do projects. It is an age-old tradition that started, let me think...well just this year, but I think that it is going to be a life-long tradition now that I know how much stuff can actually get done in a 3-day weekend. We didn't spend Saturday running out to Home Depot getting stuff for our projects either. No, we have our "projects" piled in our family room just waiting for the right weekend to tackle them. Here is a snapshot of what we got done:

-Grouted the kitchen backsplash
-Installed new door handles
-Hung flower boxes under the front windows (well one got installed...the other is back in the living room)
-Put new tires on the smoker (one of which is already flat again)
-Planted flowers
-Replaced string lights on patio
-Mowed the front and back lawns
-Hung a bug zapper (really for mosquitos and aparently mosquitos are smarter than I thought)
-Leveled the washing machine
-Replaced a toilet
-Finally mailed a 87lb compressor for our Coke machine

While I am sure that this does not sound like much, imagine an 87lb compressor, toilet, flower boxes, door handles, bug zapper and string lights sitting in your living room for 3 months. I am damn proud of our Memorial Day accomplishments!
We hope that you all had a great weekend...and were able to relax and welcome in the summer that is finally almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.