
While I am waiting until next week to celebrate Thanksgiving with the traditional turkey and all the fixings, I can't help but take the time a little early to reflect on how thankful I am for the life that I have been blessed with. Maybe it's the weather turning colder, or the shows that depict the lives of people who have lost their jobs and are stuggling to make ends meat. But every year around this time I can't help but feel fortunate for all that I have. I have been blessed with a wonderful husband who works hard, loves me unconditionally and is not plagued with vices. I have two beautiful, healthy children who are smart and funny. My daughter tells me everyday that she loves me (even on the days that I think I yell just a little too much) and a son who smiles at me with two dimples everytime I look at him. I have two dogs who view me with admiration and would give their lives to protect me. I have family and friends who provide me with comfort, support, a shoulder to lean on and lots of laughs. I have a nice, cozy home that has all the ammenities and is located in an amazing neighborhood. Food is bursting out of my pantry and I have so much frozen goods that I need an outside freezer to store it all. Both Tony and I have a reliable vehicles with heated seats. I have many, many clothes and shoes, and they only contain holes if I bought them that way (a concept that my husband still doesn't understand.) My children and I have warm beds, with decorative items that give us comfort. We have money in the bank and a steady flow coming in with resources to keep it up. I have vacations planned for December, January and May already and don't have to worry about losing my job in order to take the time off. I am so grateful for everything that we have, especially when I know that there are so many people living in our country that are homeless and won't have enough to eat today. I hope that everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and if you get the opportunity to assist someone who needs a little help, please do. Giving is much more fulfilling than recieving and your blessings will come back 10 fold!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.