
After traveling with Dom and Phyllis there is no way we can ever go to Vegas again without them. Everything was 1st class all the way. So in a nutshell here was our trip....
After picking us up in a limo we headed to dinner at Maggiano's where we enjoyed Italian food and champagne. We then were shown our suite at the MGM Grand hotel. And let me tell you, it was spectacular!

After changing into our Vegas clothes (can you believe that I even own "Vegas" clothes?) we went straight to the front of the line at Tabu nightclub. There we danced and drank the night away until the wee ours of the morning!

The next morning I actually felt pretty decent. Considering my alcohol tolerance isn't the best since I started having kids I was surprised that when I got up I was still pretty perky. Maybe it was the fact that I woke up on my own and not to the sounds of little ones asking me for breakfast. Maybe it was the 100% Colombian coffee. I felt invincible! That is until the afternoon. I must have still been drunk in the morning because as the day worn on I wasn't feeling so hot. But I rebounded nicely after doing a little window shopping and lounging by the pool for a bit.
That evening we joined some of Dom & Phyllis's business associates at The Palm for drinks and appetizers and then went to see Celine Dion at the opening night of her new show. All I know is that after 15 years together, it wasn't until that night, March 15th, 2011, that I really knew how much Tony loves me. It was sheer torture for him. All of the ballads, the French accent and the wardrobe changes were enough to put him over the edge. About every 20 minutes he headed back to the bar. He looked like he was having as much fun as I envision a vasectomy to be. But he sat through it like a champ. Took one for the team so to speak. And I love him for it. The highlight of the concert was a surprise appearance by Stevie Wonder. All in all it was very fun (for me.)

WAY too many drinks that night. Let's skip to the next day.
We went to the outlet mall and did some SHOPPING! For as many bags as we had you would have thought we spent thousands. But we actually did pretty well. Tony of course bought more than I did. Which I always find funny considering he is either wearing his uniform or Carhartt gear. But I made up for it that evening when I indulged on the most expensive handbag that I have ever bought. It makes me smile. And I love it. So it was worth every penny!

Our only celebrity citing was Rosie O'Donnel who Tony called Rosanne Barr. Close enough T. So that was the trip. It was fabulous. A big thank you to Dom & Phyllis for going with us and treating us to such a special time. We had a blast!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.