Monday, November 7, 2016
Mazotti Halloween
After listing our house for sale on October 14th (and subsequently being forced to stage our house for pictures and live like a Better Homes and Gardens pictorial could be taken at any moment), we did not get to host our annual pumpkin carving event / contest. When I say "we did not get to" I really mean "I did not want to" because after all the work that we put into moving things out of our house to make it look bigger along with all the projects to make the house near perfect condition, the last thing I wanted was to clean up pumpkin seeds and guts off the floor for a week. And although I may have taken the easy way out, I definitely wanted to "walk the hood" for what I can only assume will be the last time as residents. One thing I will miss about Kit Carson and our neighborhood is Halloween. I have never been to another neighborhood in my life that had more kids than this one. It has provided our kids with great memories as they have grown up.
This year Cienna wanted to go as a Hollywood Tower of Terror bellhop, which meant that I had to get creative. She convinced her friend Azlynn (a fellow firefighter's daughter) to join her, and since her mom is currently pregnant with her 4th baby girl, I decided to volunteer to make both of their costumes. Thank GOD for Goodwill Stores and hot glue guns! Overall, I think they came out pretty awesome!
As for AJ, he was easy peasy. We went to Target and he picked out a zombie football player costume. After applying some zombiesque makeup, he went straight into character with absolutely no problem!
I am not sure if it was all the pizza, juice or candy consumption, but after about an hour of trick or treating AJ doubled over with a stomach ache and needed to go home. After high tailing it home and snuggling on the couch for a bit, he quickly recovered and we headed back out to try to fill the pillowcase. The weather was amazing, the candy was abundant, and it was a great final Halloween in the hood!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.