Thursday, August 12, 2010

Prince Charming


It is hard to believe that 14 years ago this week Tony and I began dating. We had quite the history prior to us getting back together the month before our senior year of high school and to be honest...I never thought it would last! But here we are 14 years later. Married. Parents. And still adoring each other. We have come such a long way from when we first began. We lived with our parents! He didn't have a driver's license! Crazy to think of all that we have accomplished.
As I was driving down the freeway this morning, my thoughts drifted to why I love Tony so much. My first thought was "Prince Charming." You know how in fairy tales the prince falls deeply in love with the princess and they live happily ever after? That is the way that I feel. I think it is easy to feel that way when everything that your Prince Charming promises you comes true. He doesn't just talk about big plans. He makes them happen. Nothing is out of his reach when he puts his mind to it. And that is amazing.
Often times Cienna wants to play "Prince Charming" with me. I am usually the prince and his name is always Tony. I don't mind sharing him with her for now...but I hope that when she grows up she doesn't have to kiss a bunch of frogs to find her Prince Charming too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.